Friday, December 28, 2007

KITENGA MUTATA

"It's hard to keep going where you feel sad. I have been feeling sad all day long. My father got sick. I was not happy to see him feeling that way. It made me so sad. My mom took him to a medical center, but nothing good came out. Two years later, he died, and they buried him while I was away.

"My mother was accused of having demonic powers. We were thrown out of the home, and we had nowhere else to turn. I walked to the market and restaurant where I helped to set tables, clean up, or sweep with the broom.

"I always say that a better life for me is to be healthy with love and without hunger. But, lack of education worries me too much. "

Age: 14
School grade: 5 (no education)

Hobbies: reading, playing guitar, working in the garden

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt